This year’s Remembrance Sunday will be marked on 14th November, with Remembrance Day three days earlier on Thursday 11th November 2021.
To help schools mark the occasion and link it to developing literacy in the classroom, I am offering these FREE resources for schools to use based around my books.
Please use this assembly film for KS2 and KS3 made at the Arctic Memorial, Liverpool Parish Church. It is for use in the hall or for schools to stream throughout classrooms. I talk about the real First and Second World War soldiers, airmen and women and sailors that have inspired the characters in my books. https://youtu.be/DL35oK6en_w
Please use this signed certificate to present to pupils for any work relating to Remembrance Day download here
The Barnbow Lasses a NEW 3 part story
Please go to my Leeds SLS webpage here
Arctic Star is my first naval story for children, having previously written books about the Army (Over the Line, Armistice Runner and The Last Try) and RAF (Flyboy, Spitfire, Typhoon and Rugby Academy). D-Day Dog is also about the reserves and the paratroopers.
- First World War – Read Over the Line, Flyboy and Armistice Runner
- Second World War – Read Spitfire , D-Day Dog , After the War and Arctic Star
- 21st century Armed Forces – Typhoon, D-Day Dog
More WW1 Literacy Resources are available from here:
- Be a Trench Runner memory challenge game for the school hall.
- Black out poetry sheets with instructions and certificates.
- 10 discussion points about war for Y5 to Y9.
- Book cover prediction sheets with questions encouraging the children to think about what a book might be about.
More WW2 Literacy Resources are available from here:
- Downloadable posters.
- First chapters of all my historical fiction books.
- Videos about the settings of my books, filmed at the Somme and on the D-Day beaches.
- And much much more.
Rosemary Hill Books is offering a special rate for schools to purchase multiples of these books:
You can contact Rosemary direct at email@example.com.