This year’s Remembrance Sunday will be marked on 13th November, with Remembrance Day two days earlier on Friday 11th November 2022.
To help schools mark the occasion and link it to developing literacy in the classroom, I am offering FREE resources for schools to use based around my books …
- an assembly film for KS2 and KS3. I have talked about the real First and Second World War soldiers, airmen and women and sailors that have inspired the characters in my books. I have focused in particular this year on the characters from across the Commonwealth in my books including India and Canada. It is for use in the hall or for schools to stream throughout classrooms. (Watch now, unmonetised via YouTube)
- a signed certificate to present to pupils for any work relating to Remembrance Day. Download here.
- “The Barnbow Lasses” – a FREE 3 part readaloud story with resources. Downloadable now from here.
And you can read this great blog from Amy McKinlay, P1-3 teacher at Kettins Primary School … How to make Remembrance Day memorable in the classroom – Scottish Book Trust
I have written books about various sections of the Armed Forces
- Royal Navy (Arctic Star)
- Army (Over the Line, Armistice Runner and The Last Try)
- RAF (Flyboy, Spitfire, Typhoon and Rugby Academy).
- the Reserves and ParatroopersD-Day Dog
Resist is my latest historical story for children about the impact of being occupied on a homefront civilian occupation in WW2, based on the real Dutch Resistsance experiences of Audrey Hepburn.
I have written books about both World Wars and children of today’s serving members of the Armed Forces :
- First World War – Read Over the Line, Flyboy and Armistice Runner
- Second World War – Read Resist, Spitfire, D-Day Dog, Arctic Star and After the War
- 21st century Armed Forces – Typhoon, D-Day Dog
More WW1 Literacy Resources are available from here:
- Be a Trench Runner memory challenge game for the school hall.
- Black out poetry sheets with instructions and certificates.
- 10 discussion points about war for Y5 to Y9.
- Book cover prediction sheets with questions encouraging the children to think about what a book might be about.
More WW2 Literacy Resources are available from here:
- Downloadable posters.
- First chapters of all my historical fiction books.
- Videos about the settings of my books, filmed at the Somme and on the D-Day beaches.
My 2021 Remembrance assembly filmed from the Arctic Convoy War Memorial at Liverpool Parish Church can be found here.
My 2020 Remembrance assembly filmed from my local war memorial about the real soldiers, sailors and airman who inspired my books can be found here.
If you would like a reminder of when future Remembrance resources will be available please use the contact form below. Please be patient. Our replies are not automated so you will get a personal reply. See T&Cs.
Signed and dedicated copies of all my books are available personalised to order from my local independent children’s bookshop “The Thoughtful Spot” here.
Schools bumper 35 book pack offer here
£190 saving £60 – over 20% discount
FREE DELIVERY & SIGNED BOOKPLATES
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schools class set offer here.
15 copies 20%+ discount
30 copies 25%+ discount
100 copies 30% + discount
FREE DELIVERY & SIGNED BOOKPLATES
Please email email@example.com for a quote