This year’s Remembrance Sunday will be marked on 8th November, with Remembrance Day following on Wednesday 11th November.
To help schools mark the occasion and link it to developing literacy in the classroom, I am offering a range of FREE resources for schools to use throughout the week, based around my books Over the Line, D-Day Dog, Armistice Runner and the Wings RAF series.
There is a pre-recorded twenty-minute assembly aimed at KS2 and KS3 for use in the hall or for schools to stream throughout classrooms, where I will talk about the real First and Second World War soldiers, airmen and women and sailors that have inspired the characters in my books. Available now at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CcdFsd5qkc&t=22s
There will be also be a live online FACEBOOK Q&A session on the afternoon of 11th November 1.30-2.30 p.m. from here : https://www.facebook.com/tompalmerauthor/ You can submit questions for me to answer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org up until 10th November or on the day.
All my other FREE WW1 and WW2 literacy resources are available from here:
and they include :
- Be a Trench Runner memory challenge game for the school hall.
- Black out poetry sheets with instructions and certificates.
- 10 discussion points about war for Y5 to Y9.
- Book cover prediction sheets with questions encouraging the children to think about what a book might be about.
- Downloadable posters.
- First chapters of all my historical fiction books.
- Videos about the settings of my books, filmed at the Somme and on the D-Day beaches.
- Remembrance Day 2020 Literacy Certificate
- And much much more.
Rosemary Hill Books is offering a special rate for schools to purchase multiples of these books:
- 15 copies £83 (20%+)
- 30 copies at £157 (25%+)
- 100 copies at £489 (35%+)
You can contact Rosemary direct at email@example.com.
For additional information and for reminder emails with links to the free online events please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.