For Remembrance Day 2022 click here
To help schools mark Remembrance Day 20220 and link it to developing literacy in the classroom, I am offering a range of FREE resources for schools to use throughout the week, based around my books Over the Line, D-Day Dog, Armistice Runner and the Wings RAF series.
Here is a pre-recorded twenty-minute assembly aimed at KS2 and KS3 for use in the hall or for schools to stream throughout classrooms, where I will talk about the real First and Second World War soldiers, airmen and women and sailors that have inspired the characters in my books.
There will be also be a live online FACEBOOK Q&A session on the afternoon of 11th November 1.30-2.30 p.m. from here : https://www.facebook.com/tompalmerauthor/ You can submit questions for me to answer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org up until 10th November or on the day.
All my other FREE WW1 and WW2 literacy resources are available from here:
and they include :
- Be a Trench Runner memory challenge game for the school hall.
- Black out poetry sheets with instructions and certificates.
- 10 discussion points about war for Y5 to Y9.
- Book cover prediction sheets with questions encouraging the children to think about what a book might be about.
- Downloadable posters.
- First chapters of all my historical fiction books.
- Videos about the settings of my books, filmed at the Somme and on the D-Day beaches.
- Remembrance Day 2020 Literacy Certificate
- And much much more.
Rosemary Hill Books is offering a special rate for schools to purchase multiples of these books:
- 15 copies £83 (20%+)
- 30 copies at £157 (25%+)
- 100 copies at £489 (35%+)
You can contact Rosemary direct at email@example.com.
For additional information and for reminder emails with links to the free online events please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.